Match Report
Heath RUFC (85) vs Huddersfield Laund Hill (0)
Saturday 17 September 2016
HOME > 1st XV > Match Report
Drop Goals
Penalty Tries
Penalty Goals

The 2nds show the way.

Reporter: Spud Taylor
Dated: 30 November -0001
Heath 2nd xv started their league campaign at home against Huddersfield YMCA 3rd xv on a lovely, sunny afternoon at West Vale. Heath had the perfect start when they opened the scoring after 54 seconds. From the kick off, Heath got possession and YMCA knocked the ball forwards. From the resulting scrum, number 8, Jack RABY picked up at the base of the scrum. He passed to scrum half, Michael REYNOLDS who, in turn, passed it to full back, Tom COLLINGE. Tom found Jack RABY in support on his inside and Jack scampered away to open the scoring with a try converted by outside half, Richard COLE. 7 0. After 3 minutes, Heath had a great opportunity to increase their lead when centre, Jack BRUCE, made an excellent break. He found support and a long pass down the line found second row, Emlyn JAMES, who looked a certain scorer. Unfortunately, he dropped the ball and a YMCA scrum followed. After 6 minutes, Heath had an attacking 5 metres scrum. Jack RABY picked up and scored after the Heath pack had pushed the YMCA forwards back at a rapid speed. The conversion was missed. 12 0. From the kick off, Emlyn JAMES ran the ball in and the ball was carried forwards by prop, Richard DANCE. Michael REYNOLDS passed the ball out from the resulting ruck finding centre Ryan HUNTER. He made an excellent 40 metres break before being tackled and the ball went into touch some 26 metres from the YMCA line. After 10 minutes, Heath extended their lead. They took a foothold in the YMCA 22 and Ryan HUNTER made a break and dummied his way over for a try converted by Richard COLE. 19 0. Heath was well and truly on top and scored a further converted try after 17 minutes when centre Jack BRUCE made a break and, although he was tackled high, the ball was passed out and found prop Olly COOK who scored near the posts. Richard COLE converted once more. 26 0. After 23 minutes, Heath was awarded an attacking 5m scrum. Jack RABY picked up and scored by the posts and Richard COLE converted. 33 0. From the resulting restart, winger, Matthew WILKINSON, made excellent ground jinking around several opponents before knocking over the YMCA full back. He was eventually brought to ground but the ball was quickly recycled and passed down the line to left winger and skipper, Tobias HINCHLIFFE who had a clear run to the line but the play was brought back for a forward pass. After 30 minutes, Heath attacked on the right and young WILKY jinked inside to score a good try converted by Richard COLE. 40 0. After 35 minutes, YMCA had a free kick just outside their 22. They ran the ball and, on contact, the ball was turned over by the Heath lads. The ball was passed out and found hooker, Mark PUTTICK, who took the tackle and offloaded to the supporting Michael REYNOLDS who scored under the posts. The try was converted by Richard COLE. 47 0. After 38 minutes, YMCA won a scrum on halfway but the ball was kicked forwards by Heath. Michael REYNOLDS got to the ball first and passed back inside to Jack RABY who scored a further try some 10 metres in from touch. The conversion was missed. 52 0. Shortly afterwards, referee, Nick ARMITAGE brought the half to an end. Half time: Heath 52 v 0 Hudds YMCA Heath made 6 changes at the interval mainly in the pack and looking towards continuing their total domination of the game. After 41 minutes, YMCA cleared their lines downfield. However, full back, Matthew COOK, took the ball and ran back with purpose from just inside his own half. He jinked passed a number of opponents before planting the ball over the line. The conversion was missed. 57 0. From the restart, number 8, Howard HANKS took the ball and ran to within 8 metres of the YMCA line before he was pulled down. YMCA failed to clear the danger and conceded a penalty. Michael REYNOLDS took a quick tap and passed to WILKY who scored a further converted try under the posts. 64 0. Heath seemed to rest on their laurels and allowed YMCA to have more possession but the defence was good. After 63 minutes, Heath increased their lead when Mark PUTTICK passed to Jack BRUCE in the YMCA 22 and he finished off strongly by the posts. Richard COLE converted. 71 0. After 66 minutes, WILKY scored a further try converted by Richard COLE. 78 0. After 71 minutes, Matthew COOK scored another try converted by himself. 85 0. Nick ARMITAGE brought the game to an end shortly afterwards. Final score: Heath 2nd xv 85 v 0 Hudds YMCA 3rd xv This was a very convincing win by Heath against a predominantly veterans YMCA side. That said, the Heath lads put in a convincing, controlled performance which bodes well for the rest of the season. Man of the match awards go to Jack RABY in the forwards who scored a hat trick of tries and, in the backs, young WILKY who also scored a hat trick in an unfamiliar role on the wing.



The Clubhouse
North Dean
Stainland Rd

An RFU Accredited Club The Sign of a Great Pint England Rugby Stainland Lions Running Club Heath Old Boys RFU Northern Division Competitions Committee
Copyright © 2024 Heath RUFC, Halifax. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: 22 April 2024
Website by Sleepy Frog Designs