Match Report: Sunday 3 November 2013

Reported by Richard Netherwood
FINAL SCORE: Heath RUFC 55 vs Goole RUFC 0

Brilliant home victory!

Previous encounters with Goole have seen fairly evenly balanced games. Missing some of their key players, mainly forwards, the East Riding side could only field 13 men. Heath players Joe Holdsworth and Matthew Walker wore Goole shirts for the first half.

From the off, Heath produced some good, attacking rugby spending most of the time in Goole’s half. It didn’t take long for outside centre Callum Harriott-Brown to find his pace taking the ball close to the line before sealing the deal with an excellent pass to winger Jack Fox, who crossed for the first unconverted try. The next two tries followed a similar pattern as excellent team work from Harriott-Brown, Jake Holmes, Dom Ellam created the opportunities for Fox to rack up the points.

Heath’s defence work continues to improve. Notable tackles from, amongst others, Fox, Max Dawes, Man of the Match, Will Bennett, Ryley Cowgill and Jack Raby, all playing their part in holding Goole at bay.

Heath’s Tom Berridge was unlucky not score following a great recovery of the ball , driving hard into the opposition’s defence before scrum half, Sam Sharp weaved his way through for his first (converted) try of the season. Good positioning saw Harry Hollingworth gain possession from Goole’s kicked ball turning it to his team’s advantage creating an opportunity for Holmes to take the ball close to Goole’s 5 metre line.

Arron Kelly took a trademark drive down the wing and was unfortunate to be held up just short of line. Holmes followed his lead more successfully, providing Heath with a more than health 31 point advantage. Final try before half-time fell to Jack Fox, his fourth of the game and seventh in the last two games placing Heath in a commanding 36-0 lead.

Second half saw Heath players Arron Kelly and Liam Sykes donning Goole shirts, both played well with their temporary team mates, Kelly, in particularly finding no difficulty in testing his regular squad’s defence.

Having created the opportunities for three first half tries, Harriott-Brown gain the second half’s first points in an unchallenged drive to the line. Holmes soon followed suit with a storming drive from his own 22m line. Goole were unable to match Heath in either defence or attack as Ellam proved taking the final try of the game and then proceeded to add the conversion points, indeed Ellam kicked all five Heath conversions. Final score 55-0 to Heath.

Tries 9 Drop Goals 0
Penalty Tries 0 Penalty Goals 0
Conversions 5 Attendance 75
Click any image to enlarge