Match Report: Sunday 4 November 2018

Reported by Stuart Verry
FINAL SCORE: Heath RUFC 10 vs Ripon RUFC 64

A true game of 2 halves.

Ripon                    64

Heath                    10           Tries: Dillon Hilton, Matt Nicholson.


Forwards: 1) Ed Vickers, 2) Nathan Baldwyn, 3) Callum Pickett, 4) Toby Laurie, 5) Jamie Reeve, 6) Alfie Connors, 7) Sam McIntyre - Capt, 8) Isaac Shaw


Backs: 9) Owen Simpson, 10) Ben Gianotti, 11) Dillon Hilton, 12) Harry Stevens 13) Matt Nicholson 14) Max Rowntree 15) Jack Lumb


Subs: Ben Kershaw, Jack Mollett, Finlay Verry, Will Simpson, George Barton, Seb Wood-Ives


A true game of two halves was staged on the Heath No.1 ground.With the visitors kicking off towards the river the first five minutes were all Ripon as they set up camp in the Heath half.The Heath defence was holding up and pressuring their opposition into a number of handling errors giving the home side a opportunities>The first of which from a scrum in our own half that saw the ball sent quickly to Centre Matt Nicholson who despite the attention of two Ripon defenders got the ball out to Centre Harry Stevens and then Wing Dillon Hilton who outpaced the opposition over 40 plus meters to score in the left hand corner for Heath to lead 5-0 after 8 minutes.


Ripon came back from the kick off but again seemed to be making a number of handling errors that was giving Heath opportunities in attack.The Heath forwards were running direct at the opposition causing problems in the middle of the park and the backs having a go whenever the ball was sent wide.


At 15 minutes the first of the substitutions were made with Ben Kershaw and Will Simpson on for Callum Pickett and Alfie Connors.Shortly after Heath were down to 14 with a man in the Sin Bin but the 14 stepped up in terms of defence with the help of fresh legs in Saul Marson and Jack Mollett on for Ed Vickers and Jamie Reeve.But it was the visitors to score next to take lead by 7 points to 5 with six minutes of the half remaining.


Another substitution in Finlay Verry for Toby Laurie followed and from the next scrum the ball was sent wide to Matt Nicholson who escape the attention of the Ripon defence to score on the right hand corner for Heath to lead 10-7 at half time.


Half time saw the remaining substitutes take the field with George Barton in at Halfback and Seb Wood-Ives on the Wing.Ripon made a number of half time changes also and straight from the kick off scored to regain the lead, 14-10.


It was a regular trip to the try line for Ripon from there on touching down a further eight times, final score 65-10.

Tries 2 Drop Goals 0
Penalty Tries 0 Penalty Goals 0
Conversions 0 Attendance 50
Click any image to enlarge